The king of hearts is the only king
without a mustache.
Mosquito repellents don't repel.
They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors
so they don't know you're there.
Apples, not caffeine, are more
efficient at waking you up in the morning.
The plastic things on the end of
shoelaces are called aglets.
Most dust particles in your house
are made from dead skin.
The first owner of the Marlboro
company died of lung cancer.
Barbie's full name is Barbara
Betsy Ross is the only real person to ever have been the
head on a Pez dispenser.
The citrus soda 7-UP was created
in 1929; "7" was selected because the original
containers were 7 ounces. "UP" indicated the direction
of the bubbles.
No standard 8 1/2 x 11 piece of
paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.
One in every four Americans has
appeared on television.
Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty
years of age or older.
A Boeing 747's wingspan is longer
than the Wright brothers' first flight.
The albatross drinks sea water. It
has a special
desalinization apparatus that strains out and excretes
all excess salt.
In Clarendon, Texas, there is
reportedly a law on the books that lawyers must accept
eggs, chickens, or other produce, as well as money, as
payment of legal fees.
Cats purr at 26 cycles per second,
the same as an idling diesel engine.
A dragonfly flaps its wings 20 to 40 times a second,
bees and houseflies 200 times, some mosquitoes 600
times, and a tiny gnat 1,000 times.
Marilyn Monroe had six toes.
The first product to have a bar
code was Wrigley's gum.
A duck's quack doesn't echo, and
no one knows why.
The combination "ough" can be
pronounced in nine different ways. The following
sentence contains them all: "A rough-coated,
dough-faced, thoughtful ploughman strode through the
streets of Scarborough; after falling into a slough, he
coughed and hiccoughed."
Facetious and abstemious contain all the vowels in the
correct order, as does arsenious, meaning "containing
The United States has never lost a
war in which mules were used.
Blueberry Jelly Bellies were
created especially for Ronald Reagan.
All porcupines float in water.
Non-dairy creamer is flammable.
When opossums are playing
"possum," they are not "playing." They actually pass out
from sheer terror.
FAYETTE COUNTY FRENCH FRIED FROG FRITTERS
French Fried Frog
Fritters Body and All
Eat em in the summer or eat em in the fall
Scrape fourteen frogs from the middle of the street
Don't cut off the head or the hands or the feet
Put em in the blender and set it on grind
Then blend em on
till they get real fine
Add garlic and onions and hot pepper jelly
Ground frog fritters taste great in your belly
You can eat em well done; you can eat em quite rare
Or you can put em on a cracker - I really don't care
Gourmet style Road Kill Cooking
by Jeff Eberbaugh
TOP COUNTRY SONGS of 2004
15. If I Can't Be Number One In
Your Life, Then Number Two On You
14. If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me
13. How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?
12. I Liked You Better Before I Got to Know You So Well
11. I Still Miss You Baby, But My Aim's Gettin' Better
10. I Wouldn't Take Her To A Dog Fight 'Cause I'm Afraid She'd Win
9. I'll Marry You Tomorrow, But Let's Honeymoon Tonight
8. I'm So Miserable Without You It's Like You're still Here
7. If I Had Shot You When I First Wanted To, I'd Be Out Of Prison By now
6. My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend And I Sure Do Miss Him
5. She Got The Ring And I Got The Finger
4. You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly
3. Her Teeth Was Stained But Her Heart Was Pure
2. She's Looking Better After Every Beer
1. I Ain't Never Gone To Bed With Ugly Women, but I've Sure Woke Up With A