A QUIZ 4 U
This is a quiz for people who know everything! These are not
trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers.
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the
participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for
several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every
year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the
team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the
5. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
6. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear
inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is
genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the
7. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and
they are all common words. Name two of them.
8. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at
least half of them?
9. Where are the lakes that are referred to in the Los Angeles Lakers?
10. There are 7 ways a baseball player can legally reach first base
without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls (a walk) is one way.
Name the other 6.
11. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned,
processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
12. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with
the letter "S."
SEE NEXT MONTH'S
BEARTOWN NEWS FOR THE ANSWERS
FROM LAST MONTH
IN EACH GROUP BELOW, CHOOSE THE
ONE ITEM THAT DOES NOT BELONG
WITH THE OTHER FOUR. BE PREPARED TO DEFEND YOUR CHOICES.
STRAWBERRY, PERSIMMON, CURRANT
Celery is the only word that does not have a doubled letter.
FLAMINGO, HERON, PIRANHA
Piranha does not make a new word when its last letter is removed.
CYPRESS, BEECH, YEW
Chrysanthemum does not have a homophone (a word that's spelled
differenyly but pronounced the same.
DEER, DOG, FLEA,
Flea does not form a word when read backward.
PRINCESS TELEPHONE, WATER, SOIL
Princess telephone cannot be used as a verb.
CLICK BELOW FOR
Don't forget to click BACK
IS THIS A WHALE?
CLICK BELOW & HAVE YOUR MOUSE READY
YOU CAN HAVE
YOUR OWN PRIVATE EYE
WHICH YOU CONTROL WITH YOUR CURSOR.
JUST CLICK THE THE LINK BELOW
DON'T FORGET to CLICK BACK