SEPTEMBER 1, 2002
philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items
in front of him.
Then a student took the jar which the other students and the professor had all agreed was full and poured in a bottle of beer. Of course the beer filled the remaining spaces within the jar making the jar truly full. Which proves: No matter how full your life is, there is always room for a beer!!!
IF the COAL MINE had been in VERMONT
A Senate Committee has announced that the rescue of the Vermont coal miners has been canceled, and the miners will, by recommendation of the Committee, be placed back in the mine.
The Senators noted the following violations in the rescue process:
1. Heavy diesel equipment was moved to the rescue site without concern for possible air pollution.
2. Water was pumped out of the mine without first determining if it was polluted, or providing an
environmentally safe containment area for the water.
3. Numerous holes were drilled in the ground during the rescue, without first performing an Environmental Impact study.
4. No effort was made to ensure racial, ethnic, and sexual diversity of the rescue workers.
5.. The Governor of Vermont was heard to say "Thank God" during a live television broadcast of the rescue, violating the separation of church and state.
6. Several people at this public, government supported, rescue were observed praying and some even admitted having prayed.
7.. The trapped miners did not represent a diversified cross section of American society, and did not "look like America."
8. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Hillary Clinton were not given sufficient time to make speeches at the site. Jackson has opined that he would have been able to convince the water in the flooded mine to warm up, if the Administration had allowed him the opportunity.
9. The Senate was not given sufficient time to determine whether any Republican officeholder owned stock in the coal company, thus being responsible for the conspiracy that caused the mine to flood. The committee is certain
that the Republicans are hiding something, sources said.
10. No one mentioned that Al Gore invented mine rescues.
"Once a diversified group of miners has been chosen and placed back into the mine shaft, the holes will be sealed, the water will be returned to the mine, and the rescue will then be undertaken again, in an environmentally and politically correct manner," the Committee noted.
Copyright 2000 Claude Dern, All Rights Reserved
This site hosted by VTweb.com