JULY 1, 2008
THE COUNTRY CORNER
- The entire Encyclopedia
Britannica is banned in Texas
because it contains a formula for
making beer at home.
- A recently passed anticrime
law requires criminals to give
their victims 24 hours notice,
either orally or in writing, and
to explain the nature of the crime
to be committed.
- It is illegal to milk
another person's cow.
- In Houston, it is illegal
to sell Limburger cheese on
- In LeFors, it is illegal to
take more than three swallows of
beer while standing.
- In Mesquite, it is illegal
for children to have unusual
Birds have the right of way on
husband is responsible for every
criminal act committed by his
wife while she is in his
Monroe, daylight must be visible
between partners on a dance
must obtain written permission
from their husbands to wear false
- It is
illegal to deny the existence of
- It is
illegal to whistle underwater.
In Richmond, it is
illegal to flip a coin in any eating
establishment to determine who buys a cup of
There is a state law prohibiting
"corrupt practices of
bribery by any person other than candidates."
In Lebanon, it is illegal to kick your wife out
- Seattle residents may not carry
concealed weapons longer than six feet.
- It is illegal to pretend that
one's parents are rich.
- In Nicholas County, no clergy members may tell jokes or humorous stories from the pulpit during church services.
- It is illegal to snooze on a train.
- In St. Croix, women are not allowed to wear anything red in public.
- It is illegal to cut a woman's hair.
- It is illegal to kiss on a train.
- Cheese making requires a cheese maker's license; Limburger cheese making requires a master cheese maker's license.
It is illegal to wear a hat that obstructs people's view in a public theater or place of amusement.
Join the Beartown
Bears for exciting exercise. Just
click on the link below. After
you have had fun exercising the
bears, don't forget to click back
and enjoy more of Beartown News!
Copyright 2000 Claude Dern, All
This site hosted by VTweb.com