- One may not bathe without
"suitable clothing," i.e.,
that which covers one's body from
neck to knee.
- The town of Hood River
prohibits the act of juggling
without a license.
- Salem has barred women's
- In Marion, ministers are
forbidden from eating garlic or
onions before delivering a sermon.
"Any motorist who sights a team
of horses coming toward him must
pull well off the road, cover
his car with a blanket or canvas
that blends with the
countryside, and let the horses
pass. If the horses appear
skittish, the motorist must take
his car apart, piece by piece,
and hide it under the nearest
In Morrisville, women need a
permit to wear cosmetics.
- In Providence, it
is illegal to sell toothpaste and a toothbrush
to the same customer on a Sunday.
- It is illegal to
throw pickle juice on a trolley.
- In Newport, it is
illegal to smoke a pipe after sunset.
- Every citizen is obliged to carry
his gun to church.
- No horses are allowed into
Fountain Inn unless they are wearing
- In Charleston, all carriage
horses must wear diapers.
- It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.
- Movies that show police officers being struck, beaten, or treated in an offensive manner are forbidden.
- It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.
- In Dyersburg, it is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date.
- In Memphis restaurants, it is illegal to give any pie to fellow diners. It is also illegal to take unfinished pie home. All pie must be eaten on the premises.
- Also in Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself; "a man must walk or run in front of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists."
Join the Beartown
Bears for exciting exercise. Just
click on the link below. After
you have had fun exercising the
bears, don't forget to click back
and enjoy more of Beartown News!