- It is illegal for restaurants
to sell cherry pie à la mode on
- In Wichita, a man's
mistreatment of his mother-in-law
may not be used as grounds for
- In Wichita, it is illegal to
carry a concealed bean snapper.
- In Lang, it is illegal to ride
a mule down Main Street in August,
unless the animal is wearing a
- In Natoma, it is illegal to
throw a knife at anyone wearing a
law stipulates that a person is
considered sober until he or she
"cannot hold onto the ground."
- It is
illegal to remarry the same man
Kentucky it is illegal to carry a
concealed weapon more than
6 feet long.
- In New
Orleans, fire trucks are required
by law to stop at all red lights.
- It is
considered "simple assault" to
bite someone in New Orleans; it is
"aggravated assault" if the biter
has false teeth.
- It is
against the law to gargle in
- In Portland,
it is illegal for men to tickle women
under the chin with feather dusters.
- The most money
one can legally win gambling is three
- In Rumford, it
is illegal for a tenant to bite his/her
- In Waterville,
it is illegal to blow one's nose in
- In Baltimore, it is illegal to wash
or scrub sinks, no matter how dirty they
- Every person who has bowled since
1833 may be fined $2 for each offense.
- In Halethorpe, it is illegal to kiss
for more than one second.
- It's illegal to mistreat oysters.
- It's illegal to play Randy Newman's
"Short People" on the radio.
- It is illegal to wear a goatee without a license.
- North Andover prohibits its citizens from carrying "space guns."
- State legislation forbids dueling with water pistols.
- In Boston, it is illegal to take a bath unless one has been ordered by a physician to do so.
- In 1659, the state outlawed Christmas.
- A state law stipulates that a woman's hair legally belongs to her husband.
- In Detroit, it is illegal to make love in a car unless it is parked on your property.
- In Port Huron, the speed limit for ambulances in 20 m.p.h.
- Under state law, dentists are officially classified as "mechanics."
Join the Beartown
Bears for exciting exercise. Just
click on the link below. After
you have had fun exercising the
bears, don't forget to click back
and enjoy more of Beartown News!