- Getting married on a dare is
grounds for an annulment.
- It is illegal to fly over any
body of water, unless one is
carrying sufficient supplies of
food and drink.
Unmarried women who parachute on
Sundays may be jailed.
Sarasota, it is illegal to sing
while wearing a bathing suit.
males in the state between the
ages of 16 and 50 are required to
work on public roads.
Quitman, it is illegal for a
chicken to cross a road.
- It is
illegal to change the clothes on a
storefront mannequin unless the
shades are down.
- It is
illegal to appear in public
wearing only swimming trunks.
- It is
illegal to own a mongoose without
- Also in
Pocatello, "It is prohibited for
pedestrians and motorists to display
frowns, grimaces, scowls, threatening
and glowering looks, gloomy and
depressed facial appearances, generally
all of which reflect unfavorably upon
the city's reputation."
- Boxes of candy
given as romantic gifts must weigh more
than 50 pounds.
- In Chicago, it is illegal to fish in
- In Chicago, it is illegal to take a
French poodle to the opera.
- According to state law, it is
illegal to speak English. The officially
recognized language is "American."
- In Gurnee, it is illegal for women
weighing more than 200 pounds to ride
horses in shorts.
- In Joliet, it is illegal to
mispronounce the name Joliet.
- Monkeys are forbidden to smoke cigarettes in South Bend.
- In Gary, it is illegal to attend the theater within four hours of eating garlic.
- The Stepford Wives is banned in a Warsaw school.
- State law forbids any establishment from charging admission to see a one-armed piano player.
- In Fort Madison, firemen are required to practice for 15 minutes before attending a fire.
Join the Beartown
Bears for exciting exercise. Just
click on the link below. After
you have had fun exercising the
bears, don't forget to click back
and enjoy more of Beartown News!